From the 9/23 draft of the KB Web Site Map
Questions for Tech-Tamer:
In addition to members only pages, have different content on some pages if you are logged in? (i.e., membership list has contact info, photos have names, yorsheit listings)
- ANSWER: Generally, yes. Discrete types of information can be put in blocks visible only to signed-in users (or to signed-in users in category x). Some, more detailed control may be more difficult.
- Do you want your membership list to be public?
- What public content would the yorsheit listings be with?
Can members manage their membership/contact info?
- You bet.
Where should the members login go?
- More a question for Maureen, but I would think a link on every page, probably in the footer, would be appropriate. Perhaps also on the Membership page.
We’d like e-mail addresses to be hidden.
- Which? For the members? Or the contact email for the congregation?
Can we interface donating/tributes & memorials directly with paypal so user doesn’t see paypal?
- No. To pay by PayPal you have to end up on their site in some manner. May be possible to make this a pop-up window so that your site remains visible in the background. Options will depend to some extent on whether you have a paid or free account with PayPal.
Where to put yorsheit listings (design q.) and can members maintain?
- Need to understand functional requirements better. What information does a yorsheit listing contain? How are they organized?
Will you do search optimization?
- We are building a site that incorporates best practices for search optimization-i.e. making it easy for search engines to crawl the site and work out what content is important. We can register your site directly with Google/Yahoo/Bing. Other than that, good search ranking depends on having good content.
Accessibility? Smart phones?
- We are using the Zen master theme, which strives to implement best practices for accessibility out of the box: http://drupal.org/project/zen
- Short answer: depends on the smart phone. Longer answer: we will work toward making the site as useful as possible on smart phones, but this is an evolving area...
Calendar—list, not month view; member vs. non-member (Dorshei Tdedek)
- Understand the list view point.
- Can you help us understand how the member view would be different?
Submitted by Guest on September 23, 2011 - 5:24pm