Community Care Resources
The Caring Committee provides information and support
to members who are dealing with difficult situations
- Supporting members suffering from illness or injury
- Assisting members with the loss of a loved one
- Helping members when other personal crises may arise
Members are encouraged to contact the Caring Committee if you or another KB member could use some support from the KB community.
Resources for Serious Illness / End-of-Life Care
Anyone dealing with illness or end-of-life issues should consult this extensive list of resources which guide you to a variety of helpful organizations.
Elder Care / Planning Ahead
- A service of Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP) offering one-stop shopping for information and resources around eldercare issues.
The Conversation Project
- The Conversation Project has a variety of resources to help you and your family talk now about your end of life wishes.
- A comprehensive not-for-profit hospice provider.
Hallmark Health VNA and Hospice
Hospice and Palliative Care Foundation of Mass.
Jewish Family and Children’s Services
- JFCS provides an extensive listing of hospice and palliative care resources.
Brezniak-Rodman Funeral Directors (West Newton, MA)
Levine Chapels (Brookline, MA)
Schlossberg-Solomon Memorial Chapels (Canton, MA)
Stanetsky Memorial Chapels (Brookline, MA)
Torf Funeral Home (Chelsea, MA)
Goldman Funeral Chapel (Malden, MA)
Jewish Cemetery Association of Massachusetts (JCAM) (Newton Centre, MA)
- jcam.org (manages 100+ Jewish cemeteries in MA)
Sharon Memorial Park (Sharon, MA)
- sharonmemorial.com (interfaith sections; Jewish clergy not required as officiants)
Beit Olam Cemetery (Part of JCAM) (Wayland, MA)
- jcam.org/Pages/Cemeteries/Cemetery_Pages/Wayland.html (interfaith section available)
Lindwood Memorial Park (Randolph, MA)
- jcam.org/Pages/Cemeteries/Cemetery_Pages/Randolph.htm (interfaith section available)
Newton Cemetery (Newton Centre, MA)
Forest Hill Cemetery (Boston, MA)
Mt. Auburn Cemetery (Cambridge, MA)
iMortuary (Online Funeral Home Directory)
Rabbis and Officiants
The Children’s Room (Arlington, MA)
- childrensroom.org (caring support for grieving family members)
Comfort Zone Camp (Sandwich; Boston )
- comfortzonecamp.org (Free weekend overnight bereavement camps for children 7-17 who have lost a family member; travel assistance available)
Jeff’s Place (Framingham, MA)
- jeffsplacemetrowest.org (Free support groups for children, preschool through high school, coping with a meaningful death loss; simultaneous adult caregiver groups offered)
JFCS Jewish Family & Children Service
- griefnet.org (Internet community of people dealing with loss; hosting for over 50 e-mail grief support groups)