Social Action is an integral part of the Kahal B’raira community.
The Social Action Committee organizes:
- Hands-On projects and activities that educate members and offer meaninful experiences for adults, teens, and children
- Hunger Relief Efforts: volunteering at farms; food pantries; homeless shelters; and food drives
- Foster Care Projects: holiday gift drive; and welcomes boxes
- Annual Blood Drive
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Assisting Syrian Refugees
Middle East Working Group
The Middle East working group is open to all members of the Congregation with three main goals:
- Create a supportive context for those within the Congregation who want to act in a spirit of connection, reconciliation, peace and justice in the Middle East.
- Gather and share materials that spread the stories of peace activism in Israel and Palestine.
- Work in solidarity with others who seek to promote peace, justice, reconciliation and healing and who actively oppose the demonizing of members and beliefs on both sides of these issues.
To this end we meet monthly to educate ourselves and each other, support and collaborate with others doing this work, and celebrate the courage and commitment of peacemakers in the Middle East and around the world.
To learn more about our work, or to be added to the Group’s listserv, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.